Many people have been asking this question numerous times, “can I get paid as a social media influencer in Kenya? Well actually, there’s more to being an influencer than any ordinary digital content creator.
Social media is gaining more popularity every day. While different people grow their influence in these spaces, the “Celebrity” mentality is being phased out rapidly.
The celebrities we used to interact with on our social media are now monetizing their social media followings and turning their online presence into full-time jobs.
However, all these will not matter to you when your focus is to get paid, make money too from your online interactions as an influencer.
Choosing to be a social media influencer in Kenya, you must be an expert in a particular field in the economy that has a steady following. That following needs to trust your opinions, in a way that you can easily affect their decision-making process.
Social media marketing has defined an influencer in Kenya as someone who can influence his/her following into purchasing particular products. While you continue building your following in social media, you must be sure at one point that will your source of income.
The world of today has made it easy for businesses and corporates to reach out to their much-targeted audience using influencers like you.
These are services that such kinds of organizations outsource either to build on their public relations and image or boost their sales at a particular period.
How do Influencers in Kenya operate with businesses?
Your influence is the most important thing for businesses. 2022 has opened more opportunities for repurposing yourself, being a social media influencer in Kenya that can give other brands a spark of life in their market experience.
Having challenges understanding how you can help, here’s how you can come in handy for such kinds of brands;
- Building their brands awareness.
- Helping them with influencer marketing campaigns.
- Growing their fan base/following/customers.
- Generating more referral links to them.
- Identifying the best key performance indicators from their objectives.
- Giving them moral support, team building.
With such services, of course, you’d want to earn, get paid for providing a service that would increase the brand’s “Returns on their Investment” (ROIs).
Your field of operation is important too. Whether you are on Facebook, Instagram, Tiktok, YouTube, Twitter, or Instagram.
It would be absurd for you to aim to serve brands blindly on platforms that don’t favor your engagements. You might find an influencer in Kenya is good on all platforms and some are good on specific platforms.
The question is;
Which platform is good for a Social Media Influencer in Kenya?
Getting paid as a social media influencer in Kenya goes beyond the brands the income/incentives you generate from carrying out their influencer marketing campaigns or being their brand ambassadors.
The social platform that you are strong in can easily pay you more than what you get from the brands you advertise, but of course, you shouldn’t neglect them by doing shoddy work!
Let’s check how individual platforms can pay you as an influencer;
- Getting paid on Instagram – Instagram algorithms are quite easy. If you are a social media influencer in Kenya or just a Digital content creator good in photos and short videos then this must probably be your office.
You can easily get paid from sponsored posts or stories on IGTV, you can promote your own business, sometimes Instagram gives provisions of earning paid badges through live videos. Monetizing your videos using ads can also help you earn more.
- Getting paid on Facebook – By the end of the last quarter of 2021, the social media giant had already been identified as the biggest marketplace for brands that seek social media for the growth of their businesses.
As a social media influencer in Kenya, it’s easy for you to maneuver in this space and earn more. To earn here you need to monetize your page by getting sponsored, just like Instagram you can also create sponsored posts and stories, promote your business, you can join local buy and sell groups, use Facebook E-shops to promote your merchandise, earn from referring a friends business using your influence among others.
- Getting paid on Tiktok- Tiktok has already made an effect on all peers in the economy, unlike other platforms. It’s among the fastest-growing social platforms in 2022 that would not only give you a fun as a social media influencer in Kenya but earn you greatly.
Tiktok is providing its users with a creators fund package where you can easily earn from as low as 10,000 followers and at least 100, 0000 views in the last 30 days.
- Getting paid on YouTube – As a creator, you only need 1,000 followers and at least 4,000 watch time hours to get paid on YouTube. With this threshold, you can easily apply for YouTube’s partner program, which will allow you to start monetizing your channel with subscriptions, ads, and channel memberships.
You see, there is more to just being an ordinary social media digital content creator. When you understand the algorithms of your effective platform, then it would be much easier for you to make money as a social media influencer in Kenya.
Sometimes it’s also easy to do affiliate marketing for businesses on your platforms.
However, we have seen how different popular platforms would benefit you as an influencer in Kenya, the most disturbing question would be;
How do influencer in Kenya get paid per post in 2022?
Typically, you need to understand that several factors impact how you can get paid as a social media influencer in Kenya, especially in 2022.
Some influencers charge for their services and it’s always rare to get an influencer in Kenya who charges a flat rate on his/her posts.
While you are meandering between ideas and trying to understand, how you can get paid from the brands that seek your services, you have to get an overview of the factors that can impact on that too.
Some of the best case scenarios of such factors are;
- Your reach and engagements.
- The channel you are using.
- The posts that the business wants and if they have need images, videos, or sound effects.
- To what efforts would you need to do what you have to do in quantity and quality.
- Will you promote your content as an ad or cross-promote it on other platforms.
- Will those brands meet your rate card and in case there is an agency (Influencer marketing agencies) that will partner with you.
These among many factors would easily set a difference for you as an influencer. The best name I can call you when you understand all this is “An Influencer marketing Pundit.”
How much following will you need to get paid?
We have quickly analyzed the level of following you need to have before you get started getting paid on different individual platforms.
However, on brands and businesses, there is a certain amount of social media influencers in Kenya charge for their activities, which you need to understand too.
We’ll take a look at the average payments a social media influencer in Kenya charges on the most popular social platforms in 2022 depending on their number of followings.
Here are some of the rates as derived from the Influencer marketing hub statistics.
- Nano-influencers: $10–$100 per post
- Micro-influencers: $100–$500 per post
- Mid-tier influencers: $500–$5,000 per post
- Macro-influencers: $5,000–$10,000 per post
- Mega-influencers: $10,000+ per post
- Celebrities: Varies, but $1+ million isn’t unheard of
- Nano-influencers: $5–$25 per post
- Micro-influencers: $25–$125 per post
- Mid-tier influencers: $125–$1,250 per post
- Macro-influencers: $1,250–$2,500 per post
- Mega-influencers: $2,500+ per post
- Nano-influencers: $2–$20 per post
- Micro-influencers: $20–$100 per post
- Mid-tier influencers: $100–$1,000 per post
- Macro-influencers: $1,000–$2,000 per post
- Mega-influencers: $2,000+ per post
- Nano-influencers: $25–$250 per post
- Micro-influencers: $250–$1,250 per post
- Mid-tier influencers: $1,250–$12,500 per post
- Macro-influencers: $12,500–$25,000 per post
- Mega-influencers: $25,000+ per post
These figures might be adjusted depending on the brands and businesses you are influencing in the market. Being flexible on your rate card is also important for your mutual relationship with business, or they will run away from you.
For a social media Influencer in Kenya making a good sum of money day in and day out can be so easy. It’s would be important for you to maximally make use of your best social platforms.
The world of influencer marketing in Kenya is narrowing down to aggressive digital content creators who can easily convert and sell by engaging with their following. It doesn’t matter how big you are or how small you are, once you can convert then you are ready to start getting paid.
The future of many brands is built on basis of social media marketing. As an influencer, you will be a potential medium for the growth of the next economic powerhouse brand in the future, but before that, it’s good to understand your position.
Take the influencer duties as a profession and a service that need to be done with the highest etiquette and paid for.